Taking a cue from Oprah, I am sharing my favorite things for holiday fun and function. Mine are all available on Amazon. They are all great items for your own culinary needs and/or gifts for your favorite friends!
1. I love, love, love this spice tray!
The ease of having all your spices together in this tray makes all food prep EASY! Spices are at your finger tips to boost flavor and digestive qualities for teas, cooked veggies, salads, legumes.....everything! I fill them with Coriander, Cumin, Fennel, Fenugreek, Tumeric, Nutmeg!!
2. The Good Grip & the Kitchen Aid Box Grater have the the right type grate for raw food salads. When visiting friends, I find many do not have the right type of grater with the small slanted holes needed to break down foods like carrots and beets so they are juicy. When I purchase one for people they are always so excited. A good grater is a must, great for travel too!
Although I have taught many of you to make fermented or cultured vegetables in glass bowls and jars, it is great to have a crock. You will end up making twice as much, which is twice the yield, which is twice the amount in your system. Right? These crocks are affordable and worth every penny. Fermented/cultured vegetables are one of the most powerful food to put in your life....Do it now.
4. Totally Bamboo! I love their products....all of them. They make fabulous gifts. Cutting boards, dishes, plates. Beautiful!
5. The Ken Onion Shun Knife! As many of you know I use the Shun knives in my DVD series. They are wonderful and beautiful. My first knife was gifted to me. I will always remember the special joy I felt in receiving it, similar to receiving a beautiful Pendleton blanket. The Komachi Knives are fun too, and great for kids learning to use knives. They are less expensive, light and easy to maneuver with small hands. Be careful though, they are SHARP!
6. Slicer: The Joyce Chen Saladacco Spiral Slicer is a very affordable to slice up your veggies beautifully and quickly! This is a very affordable gift that works!
There's more here on my site. Take a look at: